Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hey readers! Today I'll be reviewing a book called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.

Wait a minute. Just wait. I forgot to tell you guys something extra überexciting. I. JUST. TURNED. TEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I could actually make waaaay more exclamation points than that but I don't want to waste your time with punctuational extremism.

Back to the book. The book I read is about a boy named Charlie Bucket, who is very poor and can't even afford half a chocolate bar. One day Charlie finds a one pound note (It's set in England) on the ground. Naturally, Charlie bucket buys a chocolate bar. I forgot something earlier. There is a competition to see who can go to Willy Wonka's wonderful amazing chocolate factory. The competition is that everybody buys a chocolate bar, and five lucky children will find a golden invitation ticket inside theirs. Now tell me, can you guess what's inside Charlie's chocolate bar?

This book was a good book. Really, it was. But I have to say, as a critic, and I know this book is very famous, in my opinion, its not my favorite.

I wouldn't recommend this book to anybody that want to read about a big adventure, but if you are looking for something witty about a boy, a ticket and lots and lots of chocolate, this is definitely the book for you!!!

Roald Dahl was a great man and today, I would like to honor him.

If you do comment on this post please please please, hashtag #rememberroalddahl

Thanks for reading. Have the happiest of NEW YEARS xoxo, the book snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment